VAST’s vision is a worldwide vertical flight community with zero fatal accidents achieved through cooperation and collaboration.
The VAST mission is to continuously improve the community’s safety culture and operational performance through harmonization, coordination, and implementation of global safety information, resources, and programs while supporting regional safety team data that promotes vertical flight’s societal contributions.
VAST has five chief goals:
- Establish the organization as the world’s most trusted source for vertical flight safety information and resources
- Establish working groups to represent key segments and issues relevant to the global VTOL industry
- Formalize leadership positions, working groups, and advisory roles for participating organizations and individuals
- Identify, collect, harmonize, and deliver centralized access to safety information and resources from participating stakeholder entities
- Provide and coordinate a forum where regional safety teams, safety authorities, and other industry stakeholders can work together on vertical flight safety issues